Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wedding Inspiraton: Adding the Personal Touch

I've been collecting ideas from around blogland to show my son, Malcolm, and his fiance, Christie, to help them make their wedding special.  Today I thought I would show three different ideas I have found to make a wedding personal and fun - all the while keeping the budget in mind.

1. Origami Cranes - both my oldest son and my daughter know how to fold these cranes.  I think they would look lovely on each plate at the table.  They could be done in red, which is the colour that will be used at the wedding.  Did you know that according to Japanese tradition, you will have a prosperous marriage if you fold 1,000 paper cranes before your wedding.  The crane mates for life and symbolizes peace and longevity in Asian culture.


 2. Make your own Photo-booth.  Use a sheet to make a colourful backdrop to have informal shots of guests taken during the reception.  You can add props to make it fun, like feather boas, foam swords, mustaches, sunglasses, crowns, hats, fans, and even a blackboard to write messages.  There is a good article here.
 
Photo from The Wed Hub
 

 Photo from Green Wedding Shoes

3.  Put photos of parents and grandparents weddings up on the guest table.


Don't those ideas look creative and fun!  Anyone else have interesting ideas they used at their own wedding?  Or have seen at other people's weddings? Or have seen in blogland?  I would love to know about them.

****************************************
Just a reminder to enter my Cottage Charm giveaway.

1 comment:

  1. Grace, those backdrops look like a lot of fun. I can't say they're to my taste, but if your son and his bride-to-be think they're fine then, sure, it's a great idea. (Maybe something a bit more tame for the older folks?) If they are having a lot of university friends at the wedding, the costumes and props could be a real laugh.

    ReplyDelete