Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sweet Dreams Pillowcases

Last May our oldest son got married (you can see pictures of the wedding here and here) which means that their first wedding anniversary is coming up soon.  



I thought it would be fun to decorate some pillowcases to give to them as a present to celebrate the occasion.  I had a look on Pintrest for ideas and naturally there were lots of cute pillowcases, but I especially loved these ones so they served as my inspiration. 




I bought some white pillowcases and set to work drawing the thought bubbles on the pillowcases using my new Sharpie Fabric Pens. I also added the words "Sweet Dreams" on the hem of the pillowcases.  And just in case you think I have the neatest hand-writing ever (haha) I printed out the words from the computer and put them under the cloth and traced them.






Should you want to make your own decorated pillowcases, it's not too late to enter the giveaway to win your own pack of Sharpie Fabric Pens.  You can add your name to the proverbial hat by leaving a comment on this post here.

Pin It

Linked to Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party at Delightful Order,
WOW us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style,
Inspiration Friday At the Picket Fence

8 comments:

  1. What a nice idea. They look great. Cute assistant you have too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I bet they will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea :-) Love it and your dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Enjoy the fabulous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it has been a year already? This is such a cute project and a thoughtful anniversary gift. Adorable, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT IDEA!!!!
    I am going to try this!!!
    I have been wanting to decorate pillow cases but tried to get them embroidered at the mall and they wanted 1 dollar per LETTER!!!
    So it would cost me $32 for a pair...
    I will try the pens!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute idea! And your sweet pup is precious...Angie

    ReplyDelete