Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Best S'More Tip Ever

We had s'mores on the weekend. Do you love them as much as I do?  For me it's all about the melty chocolate. I've come up with the perfect way to make s'mores and just because I'm such a nice bloggy friend I thought I would share it with you.


First gather together the makings:
  • marshmallows (we tried the giant ones this time as well as having some of the regular size.  Turns out I prefer the regular size so there is the right proportions of marshmallow to chocolate and graham cracker)
  • chocolate squares
  • graham cracker wafers 


Light a campfire - having guitar accompaniment definitely helps the ambiance. 




Cook your marshmallow over the lovely glowing coals.



When the marshmallow is golden brown and puffy and the insides are melty, then it is time for the most important step of making s'mores - insert a square or two of chocolate into the holes where the marshmallow was stuck onto the fork.



The heat inside the cooked marshmallow will melt the chocolate in the most delicious way.




Then put the marshmallow-chocolate combo between two graham cracker wafers.


And enjoy the yumminess!
Pin It

Linked to Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party at Delightful Order,
Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence,
Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring,
Summer Fun Party at Alderberry Hill

10 comments:

  1. Are Graham's wafers sweet? I keep seeing them in recipes posted in blogs, but we don't have them, so I am trying to think what would be similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! We made them this weekend too, but next time I will have to try the chocolate in the middle tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been years since I have had a s'more.
    Truly this looks delicious and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have enjoyed s'mores often, but I never thought of putting the Hershey inside the hot marshmellow-thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh! That looks so delicious! I'd love to have some right now, gotta try out your method next time. We roasted some marshmallow last weekend as well and it was so good...mmmmm yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's just too clever! My problem is that I keep buying the chocolate when the "Grands" are coming over, but then it's all chaos & we don't get around to making the s'mores. And, of course, I end up eating the chocolate before the "Grands" come again, so I have to buy more, & then chaos.....well, you get the idea! I really do want to try your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had s'mores this past weekend and it's so funny cause I was just saying, "I wish the chocolate was a bit meltier". Such a great idea, I am SO doing this next time!! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm one of the co-hosts of the Summer Fun party you linked up to this summer and wanted to say thanks for linking up there! I also wanted to let you know I've featured it on my posts this evening, you can go check it out if you'd like and grab a "Featured" button :)
    http://www.justalittlecreativity.com/2012/08/take-some-summer-fun-into-fall-plus.html
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM - I will have to give this a try next time I make s'mores (which is hopefully soon!)

    ReplyDelete