Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Happy List

Ricki Jill, from the blog Art @ Home, writes a happy list every week and invited me to do one as well.  It has taken me a few weeks to get organized and write the post, but I finally got my act together and did it.  

1.  Fall colours.  I've been thoroughly enjoying all the beautiful colourful leaves.  We have some bushes in our backyard turning beautiful oranges and yellows which makes me happy.  And we have gone for several walks in the forest recently which also makes me happy.


Our neighbour's tree on a recent stormy evening

Catching the early morning light in our backyard

The walk we went on last weekend

Another view of the stream we went on

2.  My art class - I've been enjoying all the different art projects we have been doing in the art class I attend every week.  You can see one of the things we did in yesterday's post.

3.  That we saw Kate last weekend, although briefly, as she was back here in Ontario for a War of 1812 reenactment (being the bicentennial and all).  It was so good to have a visit with her again and see her having so much fun at the reenactment.  All the guards who were part of the reenactment marched about ten  kilometres from Niagara-on-the-Lake to Queenston Heights where the battle took place.  They scaled the hill and then took part in the reenactment.  General Brock died in the battle (well not really, but you know ... fake died) and so there was a fake funeral for him on Sunday.  Good times.

Kate is the second from the right side in the front row

The militia fighting the American troops

Kate is in the small group on the left wearing a red coat and long white pants (she is the last one on the right)

You can see how many people were involved - and how hard it was to keep track of Kate

I love the flags - and Santa Claus (over on the left) who apparently showed up for the reenactment

4. That our friends from France came for a visit last weekend.  We went for walks to admire the fall colours and went out for dinner and caught up on what both families have been doing.  

5.  Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.  So yummy and thick and spicy.  I googled the number of calories in a grande.  All I can say is, don't do it - just drink and enjoy.  Even without the whipped cream and with non-fat milk it still is a lot of calories.  But, oh such a good treat now and then - definitely on my happy list.


6.  Finishing some projects on my fall project list.  You can see a sneak peak of one I worked on this weekend in the photo below.  Any guesses as to what I did.


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. :D Super Happy List, Grace! Thanks so much for linking-up! Your fall colors are making me happy, too. The leaves are just starting to change here. We are a few weeks away from peak color.

    I love pumpkin spice latte!!! YUM!

    I know you were so happy to spend some time with Kate. *happy*

    I hope you have a happy rest of the week!!!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn and Starbucks is making me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace! Thank for for leaving a comment about my ghost family. I love your pics of the War of 1812 reinactment. As many times as I have visited Lake Nia. I have missed it each time :( Your photos are beautiful. I love that area ..for that matter Ontario! lol I live in Clev Oh.and try to visit there once each summer, even for the day and a little Swiss Chalet:)Great blog! I have mush to learn regarding blog how tos...Happy Autumn! Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your Autumn photos, they are so beautiful. I also love the War of 182 reinactment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace,
    Great post, love the happy list!
    Good for you...
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete