Saturday, December 22, 2012

Beaded Snowflakes (or are they Stars)

One of the crafts we did at the Christmas Craft party I had last week was to make beaded snowflakes/stars. They were a lot of fun to make.  I wanted to give you the details in case you had the time to make them over the holidays.  I read about them years ago in a Martha Stewart magazine and made some that we have enjoyed every year since.  I've always wanted to make more in other colours - and now I have.


They are so simple to make and end up looking so pretty (you can see some of the original ones in the photo below with the red and blue beads).  



I put together a little tutorial for you:


We made some in silver and white,



and some in turquoise and aqua,



and some in pink and red.



Which colours do you like best?  I can never decide if they are stars or snowflakes, but either way I love them.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Looks simple until you showed details. Love the snowflakes. Happy Holiday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so pretty! The photo with the beads in the bowls is lovely too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! I love each of the color combinations...it's too hard to pick a favorite! I will have to try and make some of these next year.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo....these are pretty! I think I like the turquoise and aqua best. I think they're snowflakes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these, thank you! We make ornaments with cork every year at an event at my workplace, so this is a refreshing choice!

    ReplyDelete