Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goals for 2013

I always make resolutions and plans and lists when New Year's rolls around - and I sometimes even follow through.  I love the feeling of pondering and considering how things have gone so far and what I should or should not do differently in the next year.  It is a time of clean slates and hopes for what might be.  


So in that vein I've come up with a list of goals for 2013.

HOUSE GOALS:
1. Make a gallery wall in the family room
2. Makeover the en suite bathroom.
3. Makeover the kid's bathroom.
4. Makeover the half down bathroom.  All three of the bathrooms need new counters, faucets, lights, and framing the mirrors.

PERSONAL GOALS:
1. Get back to exercising.  Last year I did yoga classes in the spring and boot camp in the spring and fall. I loved it and felt much fitter. I've sunk into some very slothful habits now that both classes have ended.  I need to sign up for an exercise class - stat.
2. Finish our son's wedding photo book - I can't believe I haven't done it yet given that they got married over a year ago, but I do really want to make one so this is the year.
3. Learn to use my new camera that I got for Christmas - finish listening to the DVD, and take the camera off the auto setting which is all I have used so far.
4. Go to New York City with our youngest son.  We take each of our children to NYC when they graduate from high school - one parent and one child so that the trip is focused on the interests of that individual child.  I took our eldest son almost seven years ago and my husband took our daughter two years ago (which you can read about here) and it looks like I get to take our youngest as well since my husband doesn't have any more vacation time. Wahoo!


Do you set goals for the New Year?  Do tell?

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great goals Grace! I love the DIY projects you have planned and can't wait to see them! I want to make my daughter to New York too! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never worked well at trying to do one big resolution, I think they're too vague.

    This year I gave myself 100 smaller goals to complete in the year and I'm going to blog about most of them as I go along. Some of them are just to buy clothes that I like, but then others are more health and family focused.

    Good goals! I'm very jealous; I've always wanted to go to New York.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that New York tradition! How fun, and how nice that your kids get to spend special time with a parent.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New York sounds like fun! I hear you on the exercise....I am in a real slump on that one. I too got a camera which is very exciting as I have always wanted to explore photography more. Perhaps that will get me up and out the door looking for photographic opportunities!!

    ReplyDelete