Friday, January 11, 2013

Winterscapes Around the House

With Christmas gone it was time to add some winterscapes around the house. Winter decorations on the sideboard and mantel and shelves ... hmmm, let's see.

Wintery wallpaper to cover the flower art.  Check!

Snowballs and pinecones.  Check!

Giant paper star.  Check!


Brass Owl.  Check!


Silvery and glittery trees.  Check!


Blue and White on the kitchen shelves.  Check!


Silver and white on the mantel.  Check!

Some hits of orange on the mantel so we don't get lost in a world of neutrals.  Check!  (Oh, and if you want to know how I made those oranges you can read about them here).


I think that will do.  Winter is only here for another two months so this will be gentle on the eye for the next little while.

Have you winterscaped your home?

Pin It

Linked to Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now,
SNS at Funky Junk Interiors,
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. Pinning several of your photos! Plus, I am just green with envy over that brass owl. LOVE it!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty! You should come enter them into our Snowflake Craft Project Challenge! :)

    http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/40/snowflake-craft-project

    xo
    Candie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I have seen this around blogland and it is such a nice way to move out of such an intense decorating period and into the more drab months of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little trees under your cloche. I've been trying to freshen up my main rooms but so far haven't done a whole lot. I need to get busy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if winter is every coming to Chicago. Almost ready to plant primroses. :)

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't get in the mood because it's in the seventies here, and I'm in shorts this afternoon. Our zoysia grass hasn't even gone dormant yet. It's so weird!!! Our has looks bare right now because I took down all the Christmas, and everything looks empty right now.

    I love what you've done to decorate for winter around your house. I will do a little decorating this week, and your post has inspired me. I need to think about what to do......

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Grace this is truly ethereal beauty!

    Have a lovely winter wonderland weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little snowball garland...so cute! I have to admit though, I just want spring to come....so maybe I'll save the snowballs for next year :)

    ReplyDelete