Tuesday, February 1, 2011

15 Sunny Yellow Rooms

I'm feeling like it is time for a bit of yellow in my life after all the white we have seen (out the window that is).  I know most of North America is being hit by a mega winter storm right now so I thought it would be fun to check out some yellow rooms.  For some people yellow is an intense colour that they only want in small doses, while others enjoy the cheerful bold look it gives a room.  I've collected rooms that go all the way from accents of yellow to attention grabbing yellow!


Some have a little yellow
Martha Stewart
and some have a lot.
Bandanamom
Some have yellow painted walls 
Country Living
and some have yellow wallpaper. 
Decorpad
Some are an intense lemon yellow, 
Martha Stewart
some are a soft butter yellow, 
Decorpad
and some are a rich golden yellow. 
Canadian House and Home
Some mix yellow with citrus colours, 
Canadian House and Home
some mix yellow with pinks and reds, 
Canadian House and Home
some mix yellow with blues and turquoises,
Canadian House and Home
and some mix yellow with neutrals. 
Country Living
Some have yellow accessories, 
Decorpad
some have yellow appliances, 
Bandanamom
some have yellow art,
Bobbie Burgers home via Canadian House and Home
and some have yellow flowers and fruit. 

Bright Bold Beautiful

How much yellow can you handle?


And if you want to see some inspiration photos for other colours, check these posts out.  You can see what colours go with red in this post here.
And check here for aqua/seafoam room inspiration photos.
And here for green rooms.
And here for orange rooms.

18 comments:

  1. Bring on the yellow! LOVE the laundry room!!! And the citrus yellow room. You and I must be on the same wavelength because I have a post ready for next week that has a lot of golden yellow in it :D

    xoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I'm ready for some yellow sunshine. The last two days have been sunny here in Northern California, and I've been in a great mood! I do feel for the part of the country that is being hit with stormy weather though.
    I like the yellow decor in your photos, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    Susan : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that laundry room!! Yellow is such a happy colour...I never get tried of seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the yellow. I've been really tempted to paint my living room yellow. Still on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in need of a bright happy color these days --- to much snow, sleet and winter. Bring on the daffodils!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That kitchen is classy! So chic! Enjoy the day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Yelow touches in the kitchen! Great ones!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace I love this post. My living room walls are yellow and when I walk in there it just makes me smile. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Believe it or not, I have a yellow room. Our guest room has yellow walls. They are supposed to be butter yellow but they seem a bit brighter than that. I've thought about toning them down a bit but I'm definitely keeping them for awhile. It's a cheery room (pops of red, green and some wood).

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a yellow computer nook .. . but that's about it. I like it as an accent color though. LOVE LOVE LOVE yellow flowers, throw pillows, etc. Cool post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So bright and sunny, to remind us of summer during this cold stretch. My favorite is the yellow wallpaper in the laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh thanks, Grace, for all the yellow!!! I am in snow and ice covered Ohio tonight, and your pictures made me feel like spring! I especially like the wallpaper in the laundry room. It reminded me of some Williamsburg paper I had in my very first house.

    Your newest follower,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can handle quite a bit of yellow in a room, and used to have a lot of yellow in other homes we've owned. Not sure why I don't have more of it in this house. I love that yellow laundry room!!!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to be terrified of yellow but I recently made curtains to hide our washer and dryer and the yellow striped cotton that I found at Ikea was so enticing that I went for it. I have never regretted it for a minute! Yellow can be so uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't yellow fabulous? I love it! I love every single image you've chosen for this post. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so sunny!
    i do love that yellow mirror in the first pic...and bobbie burgers place...happy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there, your newest follower! I found your blog via a google search for inspiration orange rooms. I have navigated many of your pages and posts, all great content! I am an interior decorator who gravitates towards the use of bold colors when designing my own space, but truly appreciate the calm, soothing nuetrals so many of my clients prefer:)

    If you have a chance, please stop by my blog and have a look. I am currently hosting a fabulous giveaway to celebrate my first year anniversary. Fine Art photogrpahy prints I have taken all over the world.

    Thank you!
    C'est La Vie Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  18. As someone who has decorated her home in yellow, (http://lambaround.blogspot.com/2010/08/pretty-new-living-room-pillow.html) I really enjoyed this post! Thank you :)

    BTW, my favorite combination is yellow and red.

    ReplyDelete