Thursday, July 5, 2012

Canada Day Weekend

I'm kind of working backwards here and am only now getting around to posting about our Canada Day weekend. It was a lovely weekend, though, and definitely worth remembering. 

The weather was amazing so we went swimming and canoeing. There was a lot of lounging on the new dock and even some yoga was happening down there by yours truly. I relished in having the warm sun on my back and the cool water to jump into when I got hot. 


I read the latest issues of my two favourite magazines and even started reading a book.   


Weekends at the cottage always seem to involve a lot of good eating and this weekend was no exception. The desserts alone included some of my favourites - chocolate chip cookies, strawberry shortcake, and Prince William's Chocolate Biscuit Cake (you can find the recipe here).


We had a campfire too.  Don't you love how the campfire ring is tucked away at the end of my Mom's garden - which was looking fantastic.  We had s'mores  ... and if you missed my tip on how I have perfected making s'mores you can read it here (I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on how to make a good thing better).




It really was a great summer weekend. I'm hoping there will be a few more like that before the end of the summer.
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous weekend, Grace. You had me at the desserts!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, I wish I had been there...those desserts are amazing and the campfire...my FAVE! I could live on s'mores!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. How blessed you are to have that cottage...how lovely. The strawberries look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually made your Prince William's chocolate biscuit cake for the Royal Wedding....and I loved it! I need to make it again.
    I know y'all had a great time. Great photos!
    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace - it's a perfect day for jumping into the lake. I'm just reading that Style at Home magazine right now. J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love your dock. A perfect place to be sure. I have two new magazines that arrived yesterday. I will make sure I leave time to read them while in the sun on my swing. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image and Canada! Richard from the Amish settlement of Lebanon,PA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ontario cottage life is different from anywhere else - and your post made me miss it. It looks like you had a lovely holiday weekend.....and I'm definitely going to try Prince William's cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fantastic. The dock is great, it must be perfect sitting there. Your mother's garden is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how lovely looking is that? I love the flowers in the foreground of the campfire scene. So pretty. It looks as though you had a wonderful July 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Looks like an amazing weekend! I wish so much that we had a cottage! You are so lucky! Love all the dessert and the red maple leaf tablecloth! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete